The big day is here. We are ready to start the work! Excited? We are. Improving homes is our passion and we get to do it everyday.
As is true in lots of other projects, successful outcomes are a result of careful planning. Before we get to starting the work, let’s review the preparation that occurs before your project begins. It all starts after you sign a contract.
The contract includes lots of information- the scope of work, how much it costs, a draw schedule of payments, and start and completion dates. These dates are typically expressed using “the week of” language. You will receive a specific start date during that week, but we have to do a few things first. Our process for moving a project into the production phase is :
- Your Remodeling Consultant and a Project Coordinator will meet to review your project
- A Craftsman will be assigned to the project. You can learn more about your Craftsman on our website.
- All of our Craftsmen have a minimum of 10 years of residential remodeling/ construction experience
- All Fred team members are subject to a comprehensive background check before they are hired
- Any special order materials will be reviewed and your Remodeling Consultant will order them to arrive before work begins
- You will be sent an email request to schedule a Pre-Construction walk through
- This communication will also specify the exact start date of the work
- At the Pre-Construction walk through, you will have the opportunity to meet the Craftsman assigned, confirm the start date, and review the project with the person that will be doing the work. Your Remodeling Consultant will also be present.
- We will also go through a checklist of items- work hours, project flow, where to place any debris until it is removed from the site, etc.
At the end of this meeting, you should be confident that we have a plan and quality people involved to perform the work.
On the day work is to begin, you can expect to Craftsman to arrive on time. Depending on the exact scope of work, one of their first tasks will be to protect any areas around the work site. This is your home, and we will treat it with respect. Our team prides itself on a clean and tidy work space. If your home was built before 1978 and we are affecting more than the EPA prescribed minimum areas, all work will be done using lead safe work practices. Fred is a certified firm and our entire team of Consultants and Craftsmen are Certified Renovators. We will not take chances with the health of your family or our team members.
Once work begins, you can count on your Craftsman to bring their knowledge and experience to bear on your project. The work will be done right. The first time. But in addition to being extremely talented, they are also friendly people. They are happy to answer any questions you have during the project. It is not unusual for our clients to do many Fred projects over the course of a few years and we very often get requests for specific Craftsmen.
After the work is complete, we stand behind it with a comprehensive 5 year warranty for any contracted projects. We are that confident in the work.
Fred brings professional level service to the home improvement business. Whether it is a simple project, one that is a little more involved, or a project that includes a long list of different types of work, Fred can help. If you would like to schedule a visit to discuss a project, visit our website.
Want to learn more about our process? Click here.