Home Improvement & Repair Services Alexandria VA | Schedule Fred
Bathroom & Kitchen Remodeling in Alexandria, VA
It can be tempting to save a little money by doing home repairs on one’s own, but let’s face it: Not everyone has the DIY ability to accomplish every home repair project that may be on the list. Most of the time, the money saved by doing-it-yourself is instead spent on sweat, hours consumed, and big mistakes. If it’s time to call in the experts, or if you just need a little assistance with a home improvement project in Alexandria, VA, look for the following qualities when you’re seeking any of the following services:
- Bathroom and Kitchen Repairs – Something as simple as re-caulking the tub, re-grouting tile, or fixing a leaky pipe could take less than an hour if performed by an expert, and make a bathroom look or seem like new. Even something as complicated as replacing an old tub, sink, or toilet with a new one is a fairly speedy job for a home repair expert.
- Cabinet Installation / Upgrading – Cabinet installations and upgrading can be tricky. Luckily, a professional can re-finish old cabinets with a little sanding and paint, or do an entire cabinet re-facing with precision. A professional can replace worn hardware, tear out a soffit, or add crown molding to existing cabinets in less time and with less hassle than doing it yourself.
- Carpentry – Carpentry is a skilled practice that should be left to the experts. Carpenters use precise measurements to ensure that each piece of wood for a project is level and perfectly positioned.
- Crown Molding Installation / Repair – Repairing crown molding – especially vintage pieces – is best left to the experts. Installing new crown molding may seem simply a matter of hammering some nails in wood, but once you get on the ladder and try to balance a piece by yourself, you’ll see the necessity of hiring a pro.
- Door and Window Installation / Replacement – Doors and windows are tricky to install, often requiring more than one set of hands to balance and line up hinges and casing.
- Drywall Repair – A professional drywaller can make a hole or a scratch in a wall virtually disappear.
- Flooring Installation or Tile Repair – Whether you need carpet installed, or need a hardwood floor finished, a pro will have the tools and the expertise required for the task. Repairing broken tiles is a skill that only a professional should attempt.
- Roofing – Hiring roofers to repair, replace or completely re-build a roof is a necessity, and by far the quickest way to get it done; especially if the weather is less-than cooperative.
- Siding Installation / Replacement - Skip the aggravation of installing or replacing old siding by enlisting the help of an expert installer, especially if you're concerned about your home's curb appeal.
- Trim and Wood Repair - Like repairing tile or crown molding, trim and wood repair are intricate tasks that shouldn't be performed by amateurs.